What are Essential Skills?
Can you afford for your employees to have inadequate essential skills for the workplace? Essential Skills are the skills that people use to carry out everyday life and works tasks. Essential Skills are the skills used in all occupations.
There are nine Essential Skills
- Reading Text
- Document Use
- Oral Communication
- Thinking Skills
- Working with Others
- Computer Use
- Continual Learning
The way we use these skills vary. For example, writing skills are required in many occupations. Some workers fill out simple forms everyday while others write daily or monthly reports.
Essential Skills are enabling skills that
- help people do the tasks that are required in their job
- provide people with a foundation to learn other skills
- increase peoples’ ability to adapt to change
Our Workplace Education Services
Our Workplace Education Service will help you
- determine the training and educational needs of your company through an Organizational Training Needs Assessment
- create a program for your specific needs
- select trainers for your program
- select outside program evaluators
Contact us for more information.
Sara Gill at 905-527-2222 or ac.no.aebanull@rotcerid.
Workplace Essential Skills Toolkit
This is a tool for learning networks and employers. Find out more at workplaceessentialskills.ca.