In addition to our Clear Writing and Workplace Brokering services, we also offer the following fee-for-service consulting services
- hird party project evaluation
- literature reviews/papers
Third Party Project Evaluations
ABEA’s Evaluation Purpose, Standards and Procedures
Many funders are now requiring individuals/agencies to incorporate a third party evaluator into proposals in order to objectively evaluate the process of the project, the outcomes, or both.
The purpose of the evaluation is to
- give a third party impartial analysis of project results
- highlight accomplishments
- make recommendations for future project development
- give impartial analysis with no personal bias or opinion reflected in the report
- provide an objective analysis of the data
- use the data but do not contribute to the data source
- An evaluation plan is drafted based on the proposal and evaluator job description.
- The evaluation plan is forwarded to the contractor for approval and revised if necessary.
- Data is collected using methods outlined in the evaluation plan.
- Outcomes are reported using a summary of the relevant data – report is reflective of participant responses.
- Outcomes are rated based on the data.
- The entire data source is included in the appendices (within the boundaries of privacy – otherwise all data collection templates are included).
- The report is forwarded to the contractor for review (revisions to the report are only completed if there are new data sources or information).
- The final report is submitted to the contracting agency.
ABEA staff have completed projects and papers for various partners and stakeholders. Please visit our Publications/Projects page for examples of our work.
- Clear Writing – Get the Results You Want
- Communicating Effectively with Clients
- Labour Market Information for Literacy and Employment Practitioners
- Learning Challenges Assessment Tool (LCAT) Training
- Learning Challenges Workshop for Literacy and Employment Practitioners
More information coming soon…
We asked Adult Basic Education Association – Hamilton (ABEA) to evaluate our project process. The evaluation was thorough, honest and fair. ABEA sought feedback from our project partners. ABEA analyzed the feedback and the project process, management and communication channels. The final report identified areas of strength and areas for improvement in our project management. We will use this information to improve our management of future projects. ABEA – Hamilton is a perfect choice if your agency is seeking project evaluation services.
Doug Noyes, Executive Director Literacy Link Eastern Ontario, Inc.
Sara at ABEA took on an international review regarding assessment practices in adult literacy. This review was a key piece in a project on Common Assessment that we undertook for the Ontario government. Sara was thorough, responsive and conscientious in her research. Her writing was coherent and informative. We would definitely engage ABEA for other such projects.
Anne Ramsay, Executive Network Director Project READ Literacy Network Waterloo-Wellington